There has been no shortage of real estate gurus over the years. Dozens of acclaimed speakers claiming to have the magic formula to real estate investing have likely passed through your town doing sold out lectures, conventions, and expos. Most professionals will tell you, however, that there is not just one formula, particularly for a business as dynamic as real estate. Still, if you are venturing into real estate investing and house flipping, you’re probably looking for some general guidance and tangible useful advice. Understanding certain basic principles of taking action might be a great way to get over the fear and crack open the initial stages of real estate investing.
One of today’s leading voices in the self-help motivational realm—although not exactly a traditional motivational speaker himself—is the tall, articulate, and charismatic Tony Robbins. And while Robbins does not limit himself to only one industry, his advice is more focused on mastering human emotion and action. And some of the key principles can be applied directly to real estate. Let’s take a look at some helpful tips:
- Decision is the ultimate power. This is probably one of Robbins’ central ideas. The thought here is that decision is what drives destinies and without a decision you can be stuck in no man’s land for some time. So if you’re thinking about real estate investing. Don’t think about it too long. Either go for it or don’t.
- Utilize the Incredible Power of Focus. And just like the above, the concept applies to everyday life and other personal decisions, as well as real estate. You can spend years studying the literature of how to best flip a house, but if you focus on action and doing, you’ll likely learn faster and get where you want to go. When concentrating on one thing the human mind can yield and incredible force.
- Always move towards bigger things. Don’t get caught up in the details of life. Move towards the big goals. This way you are always moving towards the big things that you aim for.
- Take Action. This is a big leading principle. Nothing happens without action and dabbling in indecision can not only make you lose a lot of time but a lot of money as well. If you haven’t taken action, you haven’t truly decided. This is key. In order to move towards these big goals you have to take steps to get there. Reading about real estate investing every day, printing articles, and never really taking action is not exactly a path to success. Reading is good, research is good, but action is better.
- Look for a mentor. Finding someone that understands real estate and can give you some advice on your first flip, how to work your first investment, finding your price ranges, etc, can be a wealth of knowledge in one conversation.
And once you’re in, keep moving forward. There might be mistakes, there might be setbacks, but dedication gets you there.
Focus, Take Action, and Invest!
Here at Entrust Capital Funding, we are supporters of investors and want to help them succeed in their endeavors. It’s why we make the process easy and pain free. We know the opportunities that lie in the world of real estate investment and if you have been thinking about taking the leap, why not do it now! Remember, if you focus and take action, what you can achieve is truly remarkable. We are here to help you get the funds you need to get started. Call us today.